Twine is an initiative brought to you by Power to Change, an independent charitable trust set up in January 2015 to grow community business in England.
Their purpose is to help people address local challenges and control vital assets and services that might otherwise disappear, or support them in starting a business of their own to meet local needs. Central to Power to Change’s vision is the belief that community businesses enrich the local area. Twine is not about making a profit but exists to meet the needs of local businesses.
Twine is modular in design and has been developed by various partners:
- The text message surveying and workspaces have been developed in partnership with Frontline SMS
- The financial benchmarking and bookkeeping systems have been developed in partnership with www.mycake.org
- The volunteering app and data intermediary that stores information collected by Twine have been developed by Reason Digital
- We are currently exploring developing a smartcard system with Isledon Arts, and will keep you posted on this.
- We are also exploring the potential to integrate EPoS data into Twine, and are interested in hearing from subscribers who would like to use this function. Do get in touch about that
- Twine’s Central Hub is the Research Institute at Power to Change. If you have any questions, please let us know